I think we are finally adjusted to Rome.
Talked to my old roommate Robin today-I only wish she was here to give us the tour. Finally got the kids moving after they slept in (again)
In the meantime Ellen and I explored our neighborhood of the Jewish Ghetto. came back with food and the kids perked up.
Robin gave us some tips and off we went to the Colosseum. We learned a lot of history from JeanLuigi (ellen's new boyfriend). Just walking there we passed by so many other ruins. The Arch of Constantine, random statues of Caesar and others just on the streets. We finally felt like we were really in Rome instead of in alleys in the neighborhood.
After the Colosseum we walked down to Piazza Venezia and ate at a wonderful trattoria ande were serenaded by an accordion player and his wife (or sister) Ellen danced to La Bamba!
Fun day.
tomorrow hop on off bus and Friday Florence!
No comments:
Post a Comment