We arrived around 6 pm last night, so sad to leave Paris. I studied the Italian phrase book but everything came out French-I just can't speak Italian. Ellen and Juliette are supposed to be handling the Italian since they have so much Spanish but we are all frozen when it comes to saying more than "Grazie" and "Prego" I did get the hang of Quanto costa? How much does it cost?
The apt. is smaller than Paris but nice. We are in an alleyway-lots of motorcycles and graffiti nearby and the heart of the Jewish Ghetto. Very easy to get lost so we are grateful we have Nic around although it is getting to his head:)
Last night we had dinner at Ristorante Pompiere-right around the corner-it was great food andI loved that we had a French waiter.
Today we all slept in and Ellen and I went out to get some food for breakfast. It was a beautiful sky-so blue and really warm. We dressed for our tour and the weather changed completely-raining-had to buy cheap umbrellas again.
We loved our tour with Lorenzo-very knowledgable about Roman history and we did not let the rain bother us-walked for 3 hours around Rome-everywhere we looked there were obelisks, ruuins, churches, squares-which of course are not square:)
Dana-we could really use your help with Italian!
We went to the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain.
Exhausted, but on our way out to dinner.
Arrivederci!
yes, but did you see the most important Italian fixture? I'm talking about George Clooney of course. Glad you're having fun! Watch out crossing the street there, although I've heard if you do get run over you will get free medical care from the driver that hit you for the rest of your life, so apparently people are always trying to get themselves run over. Toss a few coins in another random 500 year old fountain for me. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteWe did toss coins in the fountain! Rained the whole way through our tour but it was still great. Miss you too.
ReplyDeleteWe are in an alleyway and it looks pretty easy to get run over-you're right!
Everything seems to be 1900-2000 years old so it would be hard to find a 500 year old fountain:)