Sunday, June 20, 2010

And more...





What a fun 2 days -I am so sad to leave Paris:( I know that Rome is supposed to be great but I am just not ready to leave Paris. We spent the last 2 days taking the metro everywhere. Yesterday all over the Champs Elysees. then we went to St. Germain de Pres and passed by all the upscale stores: Prada, Tod's, Hermes, etc. Ellen had a goal in mind: the Longchamps store-she went a little crazy in there:)
From there we went to the Louvre-got there at 530 and found out it closed at 6-who would have thought that? We RAN so fast so Juliette could see the Mona Lisa and the marble Nike of Samothrace-we were bummed but what can you do?
the kids were so pooped they wanted to stay home so Ellen and I went to dinner at a restaurant where there was virtually no English-very upscale and so delicious.
Today (Sunday) we took the metro to the Latin Quartier. Saw La Sorbonne adn the Musee de Moyen Age (Museum of the Middle Ages) Beautiful stained glass windows, tapestries, roman baths, reliefs, and the Lady of the Unicorn.
We spent 6 hours wandering the 5th and finally found the Shakespeare bookstore. We ate everywhere. Jeanie-we were in the old place-near the fountain-French rappers dancing for us (and for our money:)
We had dinner at Hippopotamus -just ok a sad way to say "Au Revoir"
Tomorrow:Rome

2 comments: