Friday, June 18, 2010

Paris-what day is it?






Well I think it's Friday...
I was too tired to post last night. We went to Giverny for the day. Monet actually planned his own garden so he could paint what he wanted. who knew? What a beautiful place. I took great photos-had to use Ellen's memory stick because I left mine in the computer:) Have not figured out how to post her photos.
We went to dinner at a bistro that took forever-I did not think we would EVER eat dinner or then get the check...
Patrick left early this morning:(
Today we used our human GPS otherwise known as Nic to get to Le Marais district-he instantly knows we take the 2 line to the 1 line-thank god he inherited from Patrick. Of course he is getting a bit of a god-complex-thinks that we will be lost without him or we'd have to take cabs-now why would he think that? I have SUCH a good sense of direction:)
At any rate Ellen wanted to be in touch with her Jewish heritage so we went to the Jewish quarter in the Marais. Went to the Jewish heritage museum-very moving. We met a honeymooning NY couple who just wanted the shopkeeper to speak English so they could get babka. Ellen told them "No babka here!"
We went to 2, not 1, but 2 chocolate shops-enough said.
Home for a bit and then out to Del Papa, the best Italian restaurant since Munich!
Good night mes amis.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad Nic is there to keep you going in the right direction! We all need to have a Nic with us - especially you and me! Remember getting lost in Yosemite?
    You are living the life there - it sounds great!
    Bob bought a new car today - no more Dad van - for his commute. He's so happy!
    Love you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly! I've sent you so many messages-it says you are online but maybe you don't notice them?
    I'km so happy for Bob and you guys. What commute?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these Italian eateries when you are in Germany and France? You don't like the local food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love it-well not so much Germany but picky eaters you know and pizza and burgers are everywhere, but French food tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't turn off Facebook, so it looks like I'm online when I'm not! Will you send me a message instead?

    ReplyDelete